Here's a quick recipe that lends itself to multiple uses and variations. With Southwest inspiration you can use it as a base for your creativity. Add jalapeno peppers for heat, use it as a thick chunky salsa, or substitute a hot olive oil (baklouti, chipotle, or harissa) to really spice it up.
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup cooked kernel corn
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Apple Dark Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Combine beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic, and season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate several hours before serving