You've GOT to try caprese salad with our aged balsamic...it's really a game changer for the Italian classic! It gets even better in pizza form!
12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 tablespoons MOOC Tuscan herb olive oil OR any varietal EVOO, divided
3 tablespoons MOOC Traditional balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon cornmeal
3 garlic cloves, minced
3.25 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat broiler to high.
3. Combine tomatoes and 1 tablespoon Tuscan Herb olive oil on a parchment-lined baking sheet; toss to coat tomatoes. Broil 10 minutes or until tomatoes begin to brown.
4. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
6. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce dough liberally with a fork. Remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone. Place dough on pizza stone; bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
7. Remove stone from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400°. Combine remaining oil and garlic; brush evenly over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Brush crust with remaining olive oil. Bake 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust browns. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with basil. Cut into 8 wedges.